Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Unstable

"Come on, just jump, it's fine."

"Uh... seriously, I don't like the look of those rocks..."

"Stop being such a sissy and jump."

"I'm not being a sissy, I'm being careful. There's a difference."

"Whatever."

"Look, you remember what happened the last time I tried a jump like this don't you? How the big "stable" rock turned out to be one of those they warn you about on those stupid falling rock signs? Remember the broken femurs? The month long hospital visit?"

"Okay, okay, jeez, no need to get all defensive."

"I'm not, I'm just- I'm just not so sure this is a good idea."

"Would I tell you to do it if it wasn't? ...Just trust me okay? I've done this before, it'll be fine."

"You have NOT done this before, don't even pretend you have."

"Okay, fine, so maybe I haven't but my cousin has! And there's a whole bunch of people on those chat rooms I go to that have too. Come on, if you don't jump you'll be missing out on the chance of a lifetime! Just trust me, it'll be fine."

"You I trust just fine. Those rocks, not so much."

"They. Are. Fine. Good grief, you've got to learn, this isn't the same as last time, this isn't even the same place, it's totally different and it's going to be fine. Look, they're steady as... well, as rocks."

"I don't know..."

"Just do it already! How long are you going to stand around agonizing over it like this? Either do it or don't."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. This is different, it'll be fine, no problem. I can do this."

"That's the spirit! Now, you ready? Okay, you first then. I'll count it down for you. Ready? On three. One... Two... THREE! Yeah! There you- oh god. Oh my god. Hey! HEY! Are you- where's your- can- Oh God! Somebody! Call an ambulance! Hurry! I think he's crushed! HEY! Anybody! Call 911! Hey, listen, can you hear me? Can you hear me? Hang in there, they're coming for you, hang in there, don't give up on me, don't you die on me now, come on, I knew, I thought, I was sure it was safe! They told me, they all told me it was safe, how could- No, no, NO! Don't you give up! Hang on! Just another few minutes and they'll be here! We'll get you back, they'll fix you up fine, you'll be okay, it's... come on... just another few... no, no, no, not like this... oh God not like this... Come back......"

1 comment:

Abhishek Sarkar said...

WOwwwww....wonderful...wat were literature grades..