It's your turn. If you are even there. If you are more than the air I'm breathing, more than the sense of duty and responsibility I have.
They say that in the good times you are blessing us, and in the hard times you are testing us. But why? Who knows if these are not just good times and hard times? They come to everyone, people who believe in you and people who don't; those who follow your guidelines and those who don't. You say things that don't make sense and seem to contradict each other. I've spent my whole life hearing reasons for you and convoluted reasoning behind the seeming contradictions of you. Does it really have to be that complicated?
To make this short, I don't know if you really are there. I know that someone created this earth. I know that someone instilled right and wrong and emotions and will in us. I don't know that you are watching our every move and care about us. Are you just an adult children's story to make us less scared of the long dark?
We all want to believe in something. And that's what it comes down to isn't it? Faith. Faith without knowing or seeing or understanding. Sheer blind belief.
I don't have a lot of that left. So it's your move. If you really are here, and you really are watching everything we do, maybe you can help show me. Or at least give me the will to try again.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment