Taking a break from story-writing. I'm in a bit of a tough spot right now (trying to figure out how much history to reveal), but I have two segments in the works. Here, something for you to analyze.
My dream last night involved me being at work, except that the place I worked was shaped much like an old junior college I used to go to, with a long hall with glass doors on either end and an atrium sort of room in the middle and offices beside it. My office was way down on the far end of the hall. I was working at my computer in my office, which inexplicably had lots of plants and windows and was really nice. I left and drove around for awhile but I knew I'd have to work all night. So, around 3 AM I began the trek down the hall to the office at the OTHER end where I'd have to work. I passed the atrium and discovered that it was turned into a night club/bar late at night. Unfortunately since it was past 2 AM, they were closing down, but they still had music going. I walked through there enjoying the music and dim lighting, and of course it didn't seem odd to me that there were still dozens of people there at work at 3 AM. I ended up in a boring white walled office at the closer end of the building. I worked for a little, but then I was tired. My coworker was also working there, and for some reason there was a bed in my office. We ended up sleeping together, sharing the bed (completely chaste and all that, he's like 50). When I got up I had to go solve a problem for another guy in a different area. As I reached across him to switch something, he grabbed me around the waist. I figured it was all in good fun and I laughed, but he didn't let go. I finally was able to wrestle him off of me and run out the door when I was called away by my coworker to fix a new problem with our project. And then I woke up.
I have NO idea what this means.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow. I have no idea what it means either. Well, actually, I have a lot of ideas what it means, none of them make a lot of sense and none of them account for the entire dream. That's really about the same.
I would say the atrium/nightclub at work means you feel like that's the sort of thing you should be doing, but you're not - that's why you only arrive when it's closing.
About your coworkers... I am not going to speculate.
Fun dream though, glad you could share.
Post a Comment